Atlanta, GA | Full-Time
CapWay is seeking to hire a Web Developer to join our team. CapWay is more than just another fintech company focusing on millennials and Gen Z. We are here to create financial opportunities with our debit cards, micro-lending, financial content, and more for those who have been underserved and overlooked by the traditional banking system, and we are looking for a Web Developer to join us as we continue to build.", "This position is responsible for building upon and continuing to maintain CapWay’s main website, as well as both content and banking web components.
- Convert legacy Angular.js v1.7 code into current Angular component based architecture.
- Develop CapWay financial web applications using React or Angular depending on project or task assigned.
- Extend CapWay’s existing website to incorporate new features in accordance with detailed technical specifications and documentation provided
- Implement separate web applications under the CapWay umbrella of financial products.
- Work directly with product leads, CTO, and other relevant stakeholders to coordinate the development of web based applications in alignment with CapWay’s development roadmap/timelines.
- Translate user interface/experience mockups into pixel exact Web UI with various design software (e.g. Sketch and Figma)
- Continuously document and test CapWay’s web applications using CI/CD tools (e.g. Travis, CircleCI, or Jenkins).
- Set realistic completion dates for assigned web development tasks and milestones.
- Take the lead in discovering, suggesting, and incorporating relevant web development tools, frameworks, and paradigms into CapWay’s development workflow for web applications.
- Plan and map out CapWay’s web codebase in a way that is modular, easily scalable, and secure.Good in communication - written and verbal communication skills
- Connect CapWay’s web application to multiple banking vendor APIs and SDKs provided.
- Link web applications to relevant CapWay JSON based REST backends using various token/header authentication schemes (e.g. JWT, JWE, OAuth, etc).
- Can work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- A proactive, outgoing, and confident self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and values setting and exceeding goals.
- Fast learner
- Goes above and beyond to discover and incorporate new technologies
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Possesses the highest standards of professional and personal integrity
- Authentic team player and respectful collaborator.
- Systemic thinker and creative problem-solver with a well-developed sense of the operational needs of programs and the vision to understand the big picture.
- Have some degree of experience with FinTech software or integration with FinTech software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields, OR 3+ years in developing and deploying web applications into production.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop fast single-page web applications using various caching techniques.
- Should understand how to use package managers (e.g. NPM and Bower)
- Have some understanding of microservices.
- Be able to document code extensively and in a way that includes 1) how to use/import/port the code you’ve developed 2) create descriptions about relevant methods/arguments/responses.
- Must know how to convert high fidelity designs from Sketch and Photoshop into pixel exact UX/UI
- Have worked extensively with workflow management software such as JIRA, Asana, or Trello.
- Must have a high degree of understanding of how to use code revision software such as GIT through Github.
- Be able to code in a way that is clean, minimal dependencies, simple to understand by other developers, and is encapsulated enough to be reused.
- Handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion.
- Should be comfortable designing and deploying web code in an extremely agile environment and in a way that will result in minimal to no downtime.
- Be comfortable testing software for long periods of time.
- Have some knowledge of data encryption methods (e.g. asymmetric key encryption)
- Be able to build highly resilient web applications that are capable of consuming REST based APIs with dynamic endpoints.
- Effective at problem-solving
- Ability to manage competing priorities, exhibit flexibility, and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work with individuals with varying work styles
- Strong attention to detail
- Have good written and interpersonal communication skills
- Be a self-starter who can work well independently and is driven to perform at a high level with minimal oversight
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional and social intelligence
CapWay is a mobile-first, venture-funded financial technology startup with a social impact plus component. We are a for-profit company who is here to build a revenue-generating company while also changing lives for the better. CapWay was founded to create access and opportunity for Gen-Z and millennials in LMI (lower to moderate income) communities. Whether it is due to living in a banking desert, rural area, or inner city, CapWay is here to provide the necessary financial opportunity to those who come from communities or families who have been mainly cash-based, unbanked, underbanked, or dependent on the predatory economy. We understand that not everyone has been given the same opportunity in learning money and building generational wealth. CapWay is providing the services, analyzing data, and continuing to improve or develop new products and services to become the untraditional financial ecosystem.
To apply for this position, please email your résumé email@example.com