Atlanta, GA | Full-Time
CapWay is seeking to hire a Android Developer to join our team. CapWay is more than just another fintech company focusing on millennials and Gen Z. We are here to create financial opportunities with our debit cards, micro-lending, financial content, and more for those who have been underserved and overlooked by the traditional banking system, and we are looking for an Android developer to join us as we continue to build.", "This position is responsible for building new and/or building upon and maintaining CapWay’s existing and future Android application codebases.
- Extend CapWay’s existing Android application to incorporate new features in accordance with detailed technical specifications and documentation provided.
- Implement separate Android applications under the CapWay umbrella of financial products.
- Work directly with product leads, CTO, and other relevant stakeholders to coordinate the development of Android based applications in alignment with CapWay’s development roadmap/timelines.
- Translate user interface/experience mockups into pixel exact Android UI with various design software (e.g. Sketch and Figma)
- Continuously document and test CapWay’s android applications using CI/CD tools (e.g. Travis, CircleCI, or Jenkins).
- Set realistic completion dates for assigned Android development tasks and milestones.
- Take the lead in discovering, suggesting, and incorporating relevant Android development tools, frameworks, and paradigms into CapWay’s development workflow for Android applications.
- Plan and map out Android codebase in a way that is modular, easily scalable, and secure.
- Connect CapWay’s android application to multiple banking vendor APIs and SDKs provided
- Link android applications to relevant CapWay JSON based REST backends using various token/header authentication schemes (e.g. JWT, JWE, OAuth, etc).
- Can work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- A proactive, outgoing, and confident self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and values setting and exceeding goals.
- Fast learner
- Goes above and beyond to discover and incorporate new technologies
- Can provide references of at least 2 apps being launched to the App Store or Play Store on which the developer has worked
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Possesses the highest standards of professional and personal integrity
- Authentic team player and respectful collaborator.
- Sound judgment and appropriate discretion when engaging with varied stakeholders.
- Systemic thinker and creative problem-solver with a well-developed sense of the operational needs of programs and the vision to understand the big picture.
- Can provide references of at least 2 apps deployed in the Play Store on which the developer has worked
- Has worked for a fintech startup/venture as a developer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields, OR 3+ years in developing and deploying android applications into production.
- Strong proficiency in developing android applications using Kotlin and Java/XML in a way that can be easily scaled and maintained by multiple developers. Knowledge of React Native is a bonus.
- Be able to document code extensively and in a way that includes 1) how to use/import/port the code you’ve developed 2) create descriptions about relevant methods/arguments/responses.
- Must know how to convert high fidelity designs from Sketch and Photoshop into pixel exact UX/UI
- Have worked extensively with workflow management software such as JIRA, Asana, or Trello.
- Must have a high degree of understanding of how to use code revision software such as GIT through Github.
- Be able to code in a way that is clean, has minimal dependencies, simple to understand by other developers, and is encapsulated enough to be reused.
- Handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion.
- Should be comfortable designing and deploying android code in an extremely agile environment and in a way that will result in minimal to no downtime.
- Be comfortable testing software for long periods of time.
- Have some knowledge of data encryption methods (e.g. asymmetric key encryption)
- Be able to build highly resilient android applications that are capable of consuming REST based APIs with dynamic endpoints.
- Effective at problem-solving.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, exhibit flexibility, and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work with individuals with varying work styles
- Strong attention to detail
- Have good written and interpersonal communication skills
- Be a self-starter who can work well independently and is driven to perform at a high level with minimal oversight
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional and social intelligence
CapWay is a mobile-first, venture-funded financial technology startup with a social impact plus component. We are a for-profit company who is here to build a revenue-generating company while also changing lives for the better. CapWay was founded to create access and opportunity for Gen-Z and millennials in LMI (lower to moderate income) communities. Whether it is due to living in a banking desert, rural area, or inner city, CapWay is here to provide the necessary financial opportunity to those who come from communities or families who have been mainly cash-based, unbanked, underbanked, or dependent on the predatory economy. We understand that not everyone has been given the same opportunity in learning money and building generational wealth. CapWay is providing the services, analyzing data, and continuing to improve or develop new products and services to become the untraditional financial ecosystem.
To apply for this position, please email your résumé firstname.lastname@example.org